A-Level and BTEC Courses
- Students must achieve a Grade 4 in English and Mathematics.
- Students must also achieve 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 (or equivalent).
- Most A-Levels require a grade 5 at GCSE or M2 at BTEC in that subject. However, some subjects, such as Maths, Further Maths, the Sciences and English Literature, require a Grade 6 at GCSE. Please check the specific requirements for each subject at A-Level and BTEC.
- If you have not studied the A-Level or BTEC subject at GCSE, then there may be other grades used to decide entry. Feel free to get in touch if you have a specific query about this.
- If a student wishes to study A-Levels alongside any BTEC qualification they must achieve the minimum requirements to study A-Levels and the criteria for the specific BTEC.
Idsall Sixth Form Centre offers a range of subjects at A-Levels, combinations of which can be chosen to prepare students for training and employment, or entry to courses currently on offer at Universities. A-Level courses involve two years of full time study.
Click on each subject below to learn more.
|Art & Design||Geography|
|English Language||Religious Studies|
|Extended Project Qualification|
Extension to A-Level Studies
Extended Project Qualification
Students may choose to take the Extended Project Qualification as an extension from studies for any other qualifications at Level 3 (GCE (A-Level), BTEC, NVQ, other academic or vocational qualifications including Modern Apprenticeships.
The Extended Project will develop and extend from one or more of the student’s study areas and/or from an area of personal interest or activity outside their main programme of study. It will be based on a topic chosen by the student(s) and agreed as appropriate by the centre.
- Students must achieve a grade total of at least 8 in English Language and Mathematics, with no grade less than a 4.
- Students must achieve 3 other grade 4s or equivalent in any other subjects.
- If a student has studied the subject at GCSE level they are expected to achieve a grade 5 or equivalent.