We feel we can be rightly proud of our school. School uniform sets a very public standard. We look forward to receiving your full support in ensuring that our students give a good impression of the school in the way that they dress as well as in their behaviour towards others in the community.
Idsall School Uniform-June 2023
- White shirt (full or short sleeve - not ¾), with school tie fully striped
- Years 7 -11 – Plain dark green or black pleated skirt OR plain black school trousers.
- Plain dark green, black or white socks – not patterned
- Plain black tights – not patterned
- Plain black flat heeled shoes (not trainers)
- Black blazer (with black lining) and school badge
Compulsory PE Kit
- Green/black polo top (1 of 2 styles on offer) with school logo
- Green/black shorts/skort (skirt with shorts underneath)
- Green/black hooped socks (or plain white ankle socks for indoor activities) Green/black ¼ zip performance tracksuit top with white piping and school logo
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms or sports leggings – must be plain black or with school logo (full length i.e. below the calf)
- Training shoes
- Shin pads
- Football or rugby boots (moulded or metal stud)
Recommended PE Kit
- Green/black reversible rugby top with school logo
- Plain black base layer
- Gum shield – strongly recommended
- Skirts must be pleated and worn correctly without rolling the band over. Skirts should be the pleated panel styles as shown below. The skirt should not contain patches or pockets and should not cling to the body. It should not be a skater style skirt.
- A suitable style is available from our uniform suppliers in a range of sizes but does not have to be purchased from them.
- Plain black tights only must be worn with skirts.
- Shirts must be plain without emblems or badges – patterned T-shirts or polo necks must not be worn under shirts.
- School trousers should be plain black, loose fitting with a straight leg and be front fastening. They should have a single button at the waist and a concealed zip. We do no tallow low cut ‘hipster’ style trousers or broad, decorative belts. Jean-style/stretch or denim fabrics are not acceptable – an entirely appropriate school trouser is available from our supplier.
- Outdoor coats or jackets should be a plain colour without bold words or logos and with a front fastening. We do not allow pullover tops, ‘hoodies’ or cardigans, they may be confiscated during the school day. Scarves are for outdoor wear only and not to be worn inside the school building.
- Pupils may wear fluorescent arm or shoulder bands for road safety on the way to and from school in the winter months.
- Shoes – we do not allow high, narrow heels (heels higher than 2 inches), sling backs, mules or other shoes that we judge to be unsuitable for school. Trainers of any type or style are not acceptable and shoes made of a canvas material (e.g. pumps) are not permitted.
- Jewellery – This is limited to plain ear studs, one in each ear and a watch (smart watches can be worn but they must have phone functionality switched off during school time). Rings, necklaces or other jewellery items are liable to be confiscated for a period of time. Any other kind of body piercing, including nose studs, are not permitted.
- Please note we do not take responsibility for any valuables brought into school.
- Discreet make-up is a privilege for students in Years 10 and 11. If make-up is not discreet, pupils will be asked to remove it and will lose the privilege if they persistently turn up with inappropriate make up. Students in KS3 will be asked to remove make-up. Nail varnish is not allowed in any year. False nails and false eyelashes of any type are not allowed, and nails should be a suitable length for school.
- Hair style – We ask that students attend Idsall School with a haircut that is appropriate for a school environment and suggest that parents talk to their Year Leader before arranging ‘special’ hairstyling for their children. Hair bands are to be black or brown in colour, other fashion hair accessories are not acceptable.
If a student attends school in the incorrect uniform they will be given suitable uniform from our uniform stock to wear, parents will be contacted with the option to bring an alternative to the school for them to change into.
Please click on the links below for a downloadable PDF of our uniform and current suppliers.