WHEN IS THE LIBRARY OPEN?
- At morning break (11.05am-11.25am)
- At lunch-time (1.25pm-2.00pm)
- During lessons : you will need permission from your teacher to visit at this time; you must bring a Permission Slip from your teacher with you.
- Session Six: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (Studyzone, Bookzone, Scrabble and Chess)
WHO MAY USE THE LIBRARY?
All pupils are welcome to use the Library at break, lunch-time and during Studyzone for school work.
ARE THERE ANY RULES?
There are not many rules, but one of the most important to remember is that the Library is a QUIET area and noise must be kept to a minimum. No food, drink, or computer games are allowed in the Library.
HOW MANY ITEMS MAY YOU BORROW?
Year 7 pupils will be allowed to borrow one book initially. When you have proved that you can bring things back on time, you will be able to borrow three books, one DVD and one CD. Sixth formers are asked to pay a deposit of £10. They then can borrow 6 books, one DVD and one CD/Audio-book.
FOR HOW LONG?
- Books: 3 weeks
- DVD: 1 week
- CD/Audio-book: 1 week
If needed for longer, then books, DVDs, CDs and audio-books can be renewed, twice.
BORROWING A BOOK/CD/DVD
Everyone has a Reader record. It has your name, tutor, address, birthday, and even your photograph!
- Take the item to the Issuing Desk.
- Hand the item to the Librarian.
- Tell the Librarian your name and tutor group.
- Please wait to make sure that the item has been taken out in your name and date stamped. This way no mistakes can be made as to whether you have returned a book.
There are no fines - but do not be mean. Bring back the book on time so that other people can have a chance to read it. If you have not finished with a book you might be able to have it renewed if it has not been requested by somebody else.
CARE OF BOOKS, DVDs AND CDs
No one likes to use dirty or damaged books, scratched CDs or DVDs, so please take care of them. The Library cannot afford to replace books, DVDs or CDs that have been damaged. If you lose or damage an item, then you will be asked to pay the costs of a replacement copy.
RESERVATIONS AND SUGGESTED TITLES
To reserve an item, use Eclipse!
- Log on to Eclipse
- Find the item you want,
- check whether it's in or out on loan
- If it's in, then please go and find it on the shelves
- If it's out, click the icon;
- It's now reserved for you!
- When the book is ready for you to borrow, then a letter will come in registration.
Suggestions: If you know of any good books (fiction or non-fiction) which you think would be useful in the Library, pop your ideas in the Suggestions Box and let us know the details.
UPPER SCHOOL/SIXTH FORM BOOKS
Some Fiction and Non-Fiction books are labelled 'Sixth Form or Upper School'. They may not be borrowed by pupils in Years 7-9 unless special permission has been given by the subject teacher, parent or the Librarian.