Idsall Medals Galore at the Shropshire Athletics Championships
Our students achieved 13 gold, 2 silver and 1 bronze medal at the Shropshire Athletics Championships held at Oakengates Athletics Stadium on 14th/15th May 2011 where all Shropshire state schools as well as some independent schools took part.
- First event up was the 75m hurdles heats and finals with Alexis Newton French winning gold.
- Nancy Ndure also had a good day winning silver.
- Lucy Edmundson proved to be someone to watch in the future by winning her 100m heat and going on to win a gold with a time of 13.6, with a silver medal for her long jump with a jump of 3.96m.
- Rio Mitcham won a gold in 100m in 13.3s and a gold in 200m with a time of 26.9s.
- Next up was Rhys Furlong. Rhys showed some fantastic technique, when he finished 3rd Bronze with a time of 4m 41s. A great achievement for Rhys as it’s his first year doing track and field and he showed great tenacity.
- Hue Bevan proved to be unbeatable with a throw of 63.93 (National Standard is 54.00. So Hue is well above this) Gold of course.
- Another star of the day was Rebbecca Fagan whom produced another ESS with a gold in shot putt 10.56.
- More golds followed with Susie Fagan producing a high jump of 1.40.
- Hayley Rubery producing a national standard and above in her vault of 3.30. Furthermore to finish off a great day in the field. Hayley won gold in discus.
- Georgia Potts finished off a great day on the track with another fantastic gold in the 1500 with 5.19.
Something to be very proud of for all the students involved.