Notice from Shropshire Council to Parents/Carers - School Admissions Arrangements for 2019/2020
A consultation exercise commencing Friday 15th December 2017.
Shropshire Council, as admission authority for community and voluntary controlled schools in Shropshire, will be conducting a consultation exercise on School Admission Arrangements for 2019/20 and simultaneously co-ordinating a consultation exercise for any own admission authority schools proposing changes. The consultation will commence on Friday 15 December 2017 until 26 January 2018.
In summary the proposed changes are as follows:
- Minor changes are proposed to the designated catchment area at secondary transfer to align with the primary designated catchment area. This will affect a small number of residents located at Bomere Heath, Hoptonheath, Rowton (near Broome), English Frankton, Atterley, Pennerley and Stanwardine in the Wood. (Please see website www.shropshire.gov.uk for maps of the affected areas.).
- Crowmoor Primary School in Shrewsbury is proposing a reduction to its Published Admission Number from 34 to 30.
- Barrow 1618 CE Free School is proposing the addition of children of teaching staff as a new criterion in their policy.
- Ellesmere Primary School is proposing the addition of children of their staff as a new criterion in their policy and prioritising children with siblings attending the school.
- Severn Bridges Multi-Academy Trust in Shrewsbury (Greenfields Primary School, Mount Pleasant Primary School and Radbrook Primary School) is proposing the addition of children of staff criterion to each of their school policies.
- Shrewsbury Cathedral Catholic Primary School is proposing to prioritise all looked after children, regardless of whether they are baptised Catholic children and to make minor changes to their oversubscription criteria.
The consultation documents will be available on the Shropshire website: www.shropshire.gov.uk by following the link to the Consultation on Admission Arrangements 2019.
Any comments on the admission arrangements should arrive no later than 29 January 2018 and should be sent to:
Or by e-mail to: email@example.com